WHY PHILOSOPHIC CONSULTING?
You may have come to the realization that the avenues where you have searched for answers have come up short for various reasons, that they consisted in too many platitudes, pat answers, oversimplifications, or psychologization of non-psychological issues.
If you are someone who needs to dig deeper to get at the essence of your understanding of an issue and don’t have anywhere to turn to get honest, direct, evaluative, reflective, depth of insight or dialogue, then philosophic consulting is for you.
If you are someone that feels alienated from conventional methods of addressing crises because they fall into dogmatic paradigms or categorization of issues, then philosophic consulting is for you.
If you are concerned with big questions in life, but do not find religious answers to meet your world view, then philosophic consulting is a place you can find a dialogue to hash out those concerns that inform the rest of your thinking and practices.
If you are religious, but want to delve deeper into the questions religion seeks to answer, then philosophic consulting is also for you.
If you have looked for the various ways to approach a problem, but find they all come up short for some reason but can’t quite clarify why, then philosophic consulting is for you.
Because it does not try to fit your problem into pre-determined categories of understanding that are socially sanctioned and popularized.
Because it is capable of looking at a problem from its essential core to its varied perspectives.
Because it is able to link one’s thinking to one’s actions in a way that strikes a cord with reason.
Because it is concerned about the process of seeking answers as much as finding the answer itself.
Because it is suited to the seeker and aligns with the notion of the seeker’s autonomous capacities to investigate and problem-solve.
Let’s be honest, we all want a payoff for anything we pursue. While I think pursuing philosophy is an end in itself, I do understand you wanting to know what you will be receiving if you choose to pursue philosophic consulting.
Here are only a few things you may get if you choose philosophic consulting:
- A greater sense of your own analytical abilities
- Someone to help you reflect and problem-solve
- Facilitation of your natural curiosity and need to know
- Emotional and mental clarification
- Assistance with personal crises, obstacles, and autonomy
- Understanding and active facilitation of one’s thoughts and their relation to action
- Development and clarification of the fullness of your world view
- Facilitation with decision-making and moral dilemmas
- Foundation for addressing inauspicious behavior
- Practices toward the conditions of flourishing in life
- Development of character and self-realization
- Imaginative thinking
- Cultivation of virtue
- The art of asking questions
- Building objective capacities through perspective-taking
- A disciplined mind
- A new attitude toward uncertainty, an understanding of grief, and an appreciation for the art of living
- A refreshing take on the human condition and social issues
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
If you are frustrated with your prior attempts at arriving at answers, then take a step toward your own powers of reasoning and book an appointment today!